Seize the day
All of us during traveling love to visit all the significant places and sights, while neglecting the many activities that are offered and that provide wonderful moments. In addition to the excellent location where Split is located, it is extremely easy to visit other attractions in a short time, which are less than an hour's drive from Split. Also, you can't miss the ones that make Split an increasing destination for many travelers.
With its location and appearance, Split has always attracted many tourists who are eager for various activities in the city, but also want to experience many others near Split. We have prepared several activities in Split and its surroundings that you should not miss:
1. All fans of the Game of Thrones series know about the fantastic scenes from Dubrovnik, but true enthusiasts are certainly familiar with the fact that Split played a big role in the entire series. In Split you can experience great tours of the "Game of Thrones" series in which you will see Diocletian's cellars where Daenerys kept her dragons, then the parts of the city that represented the Meerenese city of slaves. In the background of Split you can see the Klis fortress which you will immediately recognize as the place where Daenerys freed the slaves in battle. In addition to Split and Klis, you can also visit the cities of Trogir and Šibenik where this popular series was also filmed.
2. Boat trips from Split - Split, with its excellent location on the Adriatic, has always been used as a starting point for many trips. Do not miss the rich offer of half-day trips to some of the most beautiful islands in the Adriatic. You will surely be delighted by the Blue Cave on Vis, which you can enter, and the beach Zlatni rat, which was declared the most beautiful beach in the world in 2019. In addition, you have the opportunity to visit the Pakleni otoci- islands not far from Hvar, whose crystal clear sea will delight you. In the immediate vicinity of Split you can sail by boat to the spectacular Blue Lagoon located near the island of Drvenik Veliki.
3. Visit Trogir - less than half an hour from Split there is a magical city-island of Trogir which is connected to the mainland by a bridge. Surrounded by walls and numerous centuries-old buildings, it is under the protection of UNESCO and guarantees you a wonderful experience.
4. Krka - one of the most famous national parks, located an hour from Split. Full of beautiful river pools and lakes, it will impress you with 17 waterfalls, some of which are 50 meters high. Krka is full of flora and fauna, and the view of the preserved natural beauties will completely delight you.
5. Picigin - you have not fully experienced Split if you do not play the most popular sport in Split, which was created in the early 20th century. The most famouse picigin playground is Bačvice beach where you can find passionate fans of this fun game also playing during winter. The sand and shallow sea cut the rules so the only mission, other than good fun, is to prevent the ball from touching the ground. Who know, maybe you will be a new world champion in picigin.
Discover the Dalmatian hinterland, less than half an hour away from Split, which offers a completely different experience of Dalmatia. With the knightly game Alka played on horses and indigenous specialties, get to know city Sinj.