Turn on summer
Student Center Split (hereinafter: Student Center) respects your privacy and is committed to protect your personal information. Data are collected and stored in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who is the head of personal data processing?
Student Center (Cvite Fiskovića 3, 21000 Split, Croatia) is the manager of the processing of your personal data and is committed to protect your data. Data collection and storage is carried out in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation). General regulations on data protection (OG 42/2018) and other regulations governing the subject area, which are applicable in the Republic of Croatia.
Personal Data Protection Officer
In accordance with the relevant regulations, the Student Center has appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer who you can contact in connection with all issues related to the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights to personal data protection. Contact: by mail to the address Cvite Fiskovića 3, 21000 Split, Croatia.
Application of data protection principles
Within the application of this Policy, the Student Center pays special attention to the observance of the principles of data processing and processes data:
Legally - processing will be possible if it is allowed by law and within the limits allowed by law.
Fair - respecting the specifics of each relationship, applying all adequate measures to protect personal data and privacy in general and not preventing the respondent from exploing his rights.
Transparent - informing respondents about the processing of personal data.
From the collection of data when respondents are informed about all aspects of data processing until the cessation of data processing, respondents are provided with easy and fast access to their own data, which includes the ability to view and obtain a copy in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation. Certain information may be limited only when required by law or when necessary to protect third parties.
With purpose limitation - processing personal data for the purposes for which they were collected and for other purposes if the conditions from the Regulation are met. Data may be processed for matching purposes only taking into account (a) any link between the purposes of the collection of personal data and the purposes of the intended continuation of the processing; (b) the context in which personal data were collected, in particular as regards the relationship between the respondents and the Student Center; (c) the nature of personal data, in particular whether special categories of personal data are processed in accordance with Article 9 of the Regulation or personal data relating to criminal convictions and criminal offenses in accordance with Article 10 of the Regulation; (d) the possible consequences of the intended continuation of processing for the respondents; and (e) the existence of appropriate safeguards.
With storage limitation - storing data in a form that allows the identification of respondents only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which personal data are processed, and longer only if permitted by the Regulation. With data reduction - processing data if it is relevant, relevant and limited to what is necessary. Particular care is taken not to collect data for which there is no justified need for processing. Taking care of accuracy - taking care of the accuracy and timeliness of data and deleting inaccurate data as far as possible.
Taking care of integrity and confidentiality - providing technical and organizational measures with adequate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or illegal processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by the application of appropriate technical or organizational measures. Relevant measures are applied taking into account the risk of each type of data processing.
In certain situations, it is possible that external entities together with the Student Center, partners and the Student Center are joint processing managers. In these relations, the joint controllers shall determine in a transparent manner their responsibilities for compliance with the obligations under the Regulation, in particular with regard to the exercise of respondents' rights and their duties to respect the transparency of processing, unless responsibilities are established by law.
The data we collect
We collect only those data that we need to fulfill the purposes of collection. The data we collect from you are:
• Date of stay from (date of arrival)
• Time of stay from (arrival time)
• Date of stay until (estimated date of departure)
• Type of document
• Document number
• Date of birth
Category of residence tax payer
• Category of sojourn tax payer
The collected data are used exclusively for:
1. Satisfaction of legal obligation
a. Residence Tax Act (Official Gazette 152/08, 59/09 - Ex. and 30/14)
b. eVisitor - Information system for registration and deregistration of tourists
2. Marketing purposes (Optional with consent)
• answer your query as efficiently as possible
• entry into our sweepstakes system
• promotion of our services (newsletter)
• our internal statistical data processing
• the possibility of sending publications, brochures and other promotional materials
• You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time with an explicit statement, after which the Student Center will not use your information for promotional purposes.
Legal basis of collection
The legal basis for the stated collection purposes are:
• key interests of the respondents,
• a legitimate interest that is stronger than the interest of the respondent or
• consent or explicit consent of the respondent, depending on the purpose of processing and the type of personal data
The data that the Student Center collects on the basis of the law, is obliged to keep for as long as determined by a particular law or other positive regulation. The data that the Student Center collects on the basis of a contractual relationship will be kept only as long as necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the contract or providing the service. Data on name, surname and e-mail address that the Student Center collects based on legitimate interest for direct marketing purposes will be stored in its guest database for 10 years. Other data collected by the Student Center based on the explicit consent of the guest (mobile phone number, number of children, marital status, pets, interests, mode of travel, accommodation preference and destination preference) will be stored in its guest database for 5 years.
At the request of the respondent, the Student Center will provide the following information: identity and contact details of the controller, contact details of the data protection officer, purposes of processing for which personal data are used and legal basis for processing, legitimate interests, recipients or categories of recipients. data, the intention to transfer personal data to third countries (if any), the data retention period or the criteria defining that period, consent rights, the potential existence of automated decision-making, including the creation of profiles (meaningful information on the processing logic and potential consequences and the importance of the processing itself for the respondent) and the existence of the rights below. In case the data are not collected directly from the respondents, the source of personal data is stated along with the stated data. The Student Center processes personal data in accordance with the Regulation, respecting the rights of the respondents listed below: 1. Right to erasure ("right to forget") - the respondent has the right to request the erasure of personal data relating to him, and the Student Center is obliged to delete personal data without undue delay if one of the following conditions is met:
• personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed
• the respondent has withdrawn the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for the processing
• the respondent has lodged an objection to the processing, and the legitimate reasons for exercising the right to erasure carry more weight than the legitimate interest of the Student Center for the processing and / or storage of personal data
• personal data has been illegally processed
• personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation
2. Right to access data - the respondent has the right to receive confirmation whether his personal data are processed and if such personal data are processed, he has the right to know everything about access to personal data and purpose of processing, data categories, potential recipients to whom personal data will be disclosed and Fig.
3. Right to correction - the respondent has the right, without undue delay, to obtain from the correction of inaccurate personal data relating to him. Taking into account the purposes of processing, the respondent has the right to supplement incomplete personal data, including by giving an additional statement. Additionally, respondents are required to update personal information in a business relationship with the Student Center.
4. The right to transfer data - the respondent has the right to receive personal data relating to him, provided by the Student Center in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and has the right to transfer this data to another controller. It should be noted that the right of transfer relates exclusively to the personal data of the respondents.
5. Right to object - the respondent has the right to object to the processing of his / her personal data at any time based on his / her special situation. In such a situation, the student center may no longer process personal data unless it proves that there are compelling legitimate reasons for processing that go beyond the interests, rights and freedoms of the respondents or to set, exercise or defend legal claims. The respondent has the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body - the Agency for Personal Data Protection (more on this at www.azop.hr)
6. Right to limit processing - the respondent has the right to request a restriction of processing in case he disputes the accuracy of personal data, in case he considers that processing is illegal and opposes the deletion of personal data and instead requests restriction of their use, in case the respondent for processing. The respondent has the right to demand the exercise of any of the stated rights at any time. Upon request, the respondent is provided with information on the actions taken related to the stated rights, no later than three months from the receipt of the request (depending on the quantity and complexity of the request).
All requests will be answered within one month, if necessary, this deadline will be extended by a maximum of two additional months. If the Student Center does not act upon the respondent's request within one month of receiving the request, it will inform the respondent of the reasons for non-compliance. The reasons for non-compliance imply the existence of a lawfulness of processing that prevents the Student Center from acting. In addition, the respondent is entitled not to be affected by a decision based solely on automated processing that significantly affects him, including profiling, unless that decision:
- required for concluding or executing a contract between the respondent and the Student Center.
- permitted by law
- based on the explicit consent of the respondent.
Protection of children's personal data
The Student Center does not want and does not intend to collect personal data of persons under the age of 16 and will not use it in any way or disclose it to third parties. We do not collect personal contact information offline, except for the purpose of awarding prizes, and even then only with parental permission. We do not provide any personal information to third parties without the prior permission of the parents. We do not allow children to publicly publish or otherwise distribute personal information or other material they send us that may be contacted without parental permission, nor do we encourage children to disclose more information in order to participate in a sweepstakes or other activity. what is required to participate in the activity in question. In cases where children under the age of 16 are allowed to participate in sweepstakes, we require the child to first seek permission to participate from their parents or legal guardians and to enter the email address of their parents or guardians. If a child under the age of 16 wins a prize, parents or guardians are notified by e-mail, telephone or in writing. The personal data of the child and the parents are deleted from our database if the parents request us to do so. As a parent or guardian, you always have the right to request access to all personal information about your child that we have received on one of our sites, you can request the deletion of data (if this information is still in our database) and / or prohibit our future collection and use of your child's information. If you are a parent and want to exercise that right, let us know. In addition to the above, the Student Center implements the protection of personal data of children provided by special laws governing this issue.
Video surveillance system
The Student Center, as the processing manager, has a legitimate interest in implementing video surveillance measures to protect property and persons, and in relation to certain work positions and legal duty to install surveillance cameras that record employees and all persons moving in the surveillance camera.
The Student Center is aware that the videos contain personal data of all persons moving in the camera's field of vision, and therefore keeps them with special care, has a system of security, availability and deletion policy regulated by internal rules of the Student Center.
Videos are dubbed regularly so that they are automatically deleted after a maximum of 30 days from the day of recording. Exceptionally, videos are kept longer if the evidence is pending before the competent state authorities. Excluded videos will be stored in a centrally restricted alert system.
In the case of court and / or criminal proceedings, the Student Center may use these videos. Insight into personal data on videos may also have third parties, processors, contractual partners of the Student Center registered and professional for the provision of services for the protection of persons and property, who in no way use the data independently but take care of the security of central surveillance and reporting system. All other details related to video surveillance are subject to special regulations governing the area.
Dealing with personal data breaches
The Student Center, as the controller, shall ensure that in the event of a personal data breach without undue delay and, if practicable, no later than 72 hours after learning of the breach, report the personal data breach to the competent supervisory authority, unless the personal data breach is likely to cause rights and freedoms of individuals. The report submitted to the supervisory authority shall contain all information in accordance with the Regulation. In the event of a personal data breach that is likely to pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, the Student Center, as the controller, shall inform the respondent of the personal data breach without undue delay. Respondents will not be informed in cases where the Regulation stipulates that the same is not mandatory.
Data protection impact assessment
If it is likely that some type of processing, especially through new technologies and taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing, will cause a high risk to the rights and freedoms of respondents, the Student Center as processing manager protection of personal data. One assessment may relate to a number of similar processing operations that present similar high risks.
The Student Center conducts a data protection impact assessment in the case of:
• systematic and comprehensive assessments of personal aspects related to individuals based on automated processing, including profiling, and on the basis of which decisions are made that produce legal effects relating to the individual or similarly significantly affecting the individual;
• extensive processing of specific categories of personal data referred to in Article 9 (1) or data relating to criminal convictions and criminal offenses referred to in Article 10 of the Regulation;
• systematic monitoring of the publicly accessible area to a large extent,
• in other situations determined by the competent supervisory authority. The Student Center ensures adequate involvement of data protection officers in the performance assessment process. In accordance with the provisions of the Regulation, a pre-consultation procedure with the supervisory authority will be carried out, if necessary, following the impact assessment procedure.
Marketing activities (Optional with consent)
When you send us an e-mail (e-mail) with personally identifiable information, either via a question or comment e-mail or a form that you provide to us by e-mail, we use that information to fulfill your requests.
For the security of data at this address and to ensure that this service is accessible to all users, this computer system uses software that monitors online visits and recognizes unauthorized attempts to upload or modify data, as well as those that could cause damage in some other way. Unauthorized attempts to upload or modify data at this location are strictly prohibited.
Data collected through online surveys are used exclusively for the purpose of improving the service within the Student Center hostel. You will be asked to consent to the use of your survey email address.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for various purposes. They allow you to be identified as the same user on all pages within a single website, between multiple websites or while using the application. The types of information we collect through cookies include IP address; Device ID; visited pages; browser type; browsing information; operating system; browser type; internet service providers; timestamp; did you respond to the ad; Referral URL; features or activities used within the website / application.
Technical cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and simple website and applications that automatically adapt to their needs and desires. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to display our website and work properly, as well as to create your account, log in and edit reservations. Technically, cookies are completely necessary for the proper operation of our site.
Analytical Cookies: We use these cookies to determine how our users use the Student Center pages. This way we can find out what is successful and what is not and optimize and improve our website and applications, understand the effectiveness of advertising and communication and guarantee that we will continue to remain interesting and relevant. The information we collect includes information about the websites you visited, the pages from which you were redirected to our site as well as the pages from which you left our site, which platform you used, which emails you opened and acted on, and the date and time of visit.
Commercial Cookies: We use third-party cookies, as well as our own, to display personalized ads on our site and on other websites. This process is called “retargeting” and is based on your searches such as the destinations you have been looking for, the accommodation you have visited and the prices shown to you.
What options are available to you?
For more information about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org and the help page in your browser. In browser settings such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can specify which cookies you will accept and which you will reject. Where you can find the settings depends on the type of your browser. Use the "Help" option in your browser to find the settings you need.
To control the collection of data for analytical purposes performed by Google Analytics for some types of browsers, you can visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (desktop only). To control the collection of data carried out by Yandex.Metrica (a tool for monitoring the Russian browser YANDEX), users whose selected language is Russian, Ukrainian or Turkish can visit the following link: yandex.com. Yandex.Metrica is not used for users of other languages. You also have the option to deactivate personalized Yandex advertising. To do so, please visit this page and check the 'Consider my interests' box.
You can contact us at any time to review your personal information, as well as to update, correct or delete information. Until then, we are using your old data for the stated purposes.